Thursday, January 24, 2008

"To stay away from Christianity because part of the Bible's teaching is offensive to you assumes that if there is a God he wouldn't have any views that upset you. Does that belief make sense?"

-Timothy Keller, The Reason for God


Well, the shoe kinda fits. I am a culturally Christian atheist and most of the time I lack faith. I rail against the Church, I laugh at people who pose the Bible as fact. However, Nietzche doesn't quite convince me all the time. Neither does Jesus Christ, but the point is, why should he? This is the slippery slope to New Ageism where you take only the nice bits and ignore the rest, but then again we do it with a lot of things, it's not necessarily bad. I hate being confused, but I also have to accept that things are never black and white. In the end, the golden rule is what matters I think.

Time: 5.10pm

Temp: 10° C

Song: Redemption Song

No comments: